SHANGHAI (Reuters) – Two Chinese coal mining executives have been sacked after an underground accident killed 21 people, Xinhua news agency said.
Twenty-two miners were trapped in a tunnel in eastern Shandong province last month. Only one survived.
Shandong Energy Longkou Mining Group sacked the president of Longyun Coal Mining and its vice president and chief engineer, Xinhua cited the Shandong Provincial Bureau of Coal Mine Safety as saying on Friday.
The Longkou Mining Group has set up a working team to help with investigations of mine accidents, Xinhua said.
Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.